Library Services During COVID-19 Pandemic
The library is hard at work to keep you safe and healthy making the necessary adjustments to meet the requirements of the Purple Badge. As of Tue. 27/10/20:
Entry into the Library:
- Entry into the library will be permitted by reserving a personal work station in the computerized reservation system>>
- Readers who have not booked a work station will not be permitted to enter the library.
- Please bring your own laptop computer and all necessary equipment (headphones, mice, chargers, etc.). The library cannot loan out any equipment at this time.
According to the Purple Badge Regulations:
- Two-meter social distancing must be kept at all times while in the library.
- Work stations must be cleaned before and after using them, with clean wipes that are provided at the entrance to every floor and at the library entrance.
- Sanitary face-masks must be used at all times while in the library.
- Eating and drinking in the library are forbidden.
Library Opening Hours:
Sun. through Fri. 8:00 – 19:45 | Fri. closed.
Book borrowing is done by filling the “straight from the shelf” form. No need to reserve a work station for that. The library staff will contact you by phone and coordinate pickup time at the front door of the library. No need to book a work station for the pickup either.
Books should be returned to the return slot on the left of the front door. Returned books will be isolated for 72 hours before they are removed from your library card. Only then will they be returned to the shelf.
When returning inter-library loaned books, a note must be attached to the book saying “Inter Library Loan.”
Please bring your own laptop computer and all necessary equipment (headphones, mice, chargers, etc.). The library cannot loan out any equipment at this time.
For further questions regarding the circulation services, contcat the Circulation desk:
Sun. - Thu. 8:00-19:45
Phone: 03-6409501 or 03-6409195
Photocopying and Scanning:
Photocopy/scanning machines may be used. They must be sanitized before and after use.
Printing is possible from laptop computers or other mobile devices to the black photocopy machine in the Photocopy Room, according to the instructions found in Printing from Laptops and Mobile Devices (Cloud Printing).
In order to print, pre-book a personal work station in the computerized booking system>>
The printer must be sanitized before and after use.
The following library services continue to operate online:
- Reference services will be available via:
- Computer and Technical Support:
- Assistance with remote access to library resources: +972-3-6407977
- The Interlending and Document Supply Center:
- Literature Search:
- Through the form https://en-med-lib.tau.ac.il/literature-search-e
- Recommendations and orders can be submitted via the electronic acquisition forms: https://en-med-lib.tau.ac.il/aquisition-e
Updates will be on the library website and on the library Facebook wall.
We apologize for the inconvenience, wish you good health, and hope to resume normal operations soon!