Remote Access to Full Text
Most of the library's electronic resources - databases, journals, books, and reprints are only accessible to the Tel-Aviv University community and are not accessible to the general public.
To gain remote access these resources either off campus or from laptop or desktop computers, smartphones, or tablets, please configure the Proxy settings according to your operating system:
- Microsoft Windos:
* If your computer runs Windows 8 or 10, you should perform stage 2.
* If your computer runs Windows 7, you should perform only stage 1.
- Stage 1: configuring proxy settings for your browser:
- Chrome - new versions
- Chrome - old versions
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge - new version
- Microsoft Edge - old versions
- Internet Explorer
- Stage 2: configuring proxy settings for your operating system:
- Mobile operating system for smartphones, tablets, or other mobile devices:
To gain access to full-text sources that the university subscribes to, configure the following:
- Access Google Scholar
- Click on the advanced options of Google Scholar (the tree lines on the top left)
- Click on Settings
- Click on Library links
- Write Tel Aviv University in the search box
- Tick Tel Aviv University- TAU Find Text
**To keep the change consistent and stable, activate the cookies in the browser.
Students of the School of Continuing Medical Education (CME): to get a username and password please contact the school office 03- 6409797.
Faculty and administrative staff members: to get a username and password please contact the Computer Coordinator of the faculty.
Faculty members who are employed in the hospitals: follow the instructions for access from the hospitals (Hebrew).
For technical assistance it is possible to contact:
- Computer Technical Support Team in the library, phone - 03-6407977, e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Technology & Computing Division in the University. Phone – 03-6408888, email@example.com
For help with problems concerning the use of information resources, it is possible to contact the Reference Dept. by phone - 03-6407975, or by e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org